- A Patch test is necessary at for tinting treatments least 48 hours before your appointment.
- Avoid wearing makeup to the appointment.
- Contact lenses will need to be removed for certain eye treatments.
- Avoid the following for 24 hours after treatment: oily makeup removers, rubbing/ touching eyes, hot showers, saunas, excessive sweating, swimming, and eye makeup.
- For individual eye treatment recomended times please check the treatment descriptions.
- Hair grows back at different rates and growth cycles, if this is your first waxing or threading experience or if you don’t wax or thread regularly the length of time before re growth may be quite soon. After a few sessions of hair removal the hair will begin to synch up and you will be able to leave it much longer between appointments. If you are waxing/ threading for a special occasion or holiday please keep this in mind and for best results have a few sessions beforehand.
- Exfoliate the skin before the treatment for the best results as this will get rid of dead skin cells and aid hair removal.
- Avoid applying lotions, self-tanning sprays and deodorant to the waxing area on the day of the treatment as this may act as a barrier to the wax or thread.
- If you have shaved in between appointments please allow 2-3 weeks/ 1/4 of hair growth before your appointment for best results.
- I recommend wearing loose clothing to avoid irritation after the wax.
- Avoid heat before the appointment – i.e. sun beds, saunas, and hot showers as this will close up your pores and it could make the skin sensitive.
- You will not be able to go ahead with the treatment if you are on any skin thinning medication such as Accutane (Acne treatment) as it may cause damage to your skin. If you are having facial waxing or threading please avoid using strong skin care creams such as retinols or glycolic acid for up to 5 days before the appointment.
- You may experience sensitivity and redness in the waxed or threaded area for up to 24-48 hours after the treatment. If it then persists you should go to see your GP.
- Avoid heat after waxing – i.e. sun beds, saunas and hot showers. This is because the top layer of you skin has been removed during the wax and you skin will be sensitive to heat exposure.
- Apply a cold compress or after wax lotion to sooth your skin if red and irritated.
- Exfoliate daily 48 hours after your treatment to avoid ingrown hairs.
- For best results return for the treatment every 4-6 weeks, or sooner if the hair is grown back enough.
- If you suspect you may have a nail infection please visit a GP before your appointment as you would not be able to have any hand or foot treatments.
- If there is a particular nail paint colour note this in the message box upon booking your appoint so I can do my best to make ensure it is available.
- If you need to wear shoes straight after your appointment, I recommend having a pair of open toe shoes to avoid smudging.
- All jewellery will be removed to avoid any damage and you will be liable to ensure it is kept safe.
- Apply cuticle cream every day to improve the strength and appearance or your nails.
- Apply foot and hand cream every day to maintain soft skin.
- Nail varnish takes up to 24 hours to dry fully, so avoid picking or chipping at the paint.
- Avoid tight fitting shoes to prevent in grown toe nails.
- Wear protective clothing to avoid damage to the nail - i,e washing up gloves, gardening gloves and shoes when outside.
- For best results you should have a manicure and pedicure every four to six weeks.
- Avoid wearing any makeup to the appointment as this will have to be removed.
- As a facial will deep cleanse your skin, this can cause breakouts to come to the surface so please avoid booking a facial a few days before a special occasion.
- Do not apply perfumed products to your face for at least 24 hours after your facial.
- Avoid wearing makeup for at least 6 hours after your treatment as you pores will be open.
- Wear an SPF every day to avoid sun and pollution damage and keep signs of ageing away.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin dehydrated (it is recommended 6-8 glasses a day).
- You should always cleanse, tone and moisturise twice daily. Double cleansing if you are wearing makeup or an SPF.
- For best results return for a facial once a month.
- If you have booked a makeover please send me pictures of your desired look, you can find these on Google.
- If you wear foundation it would be helpful for you to send me the colours and brands you use so I can gage your skin tone and appropriately match the makeup.
- Please send me details of what the makeup is for, if you will be taking flash photography and what time you need the makeup ready for.
- Please remove all makeup before the appointment and have clean skin.
- Please remove the makeup throughly by double cleansing.
- Always remove makeup before going to bed.
- Avoid sharing makeup with others as it can lead to cross infection.
- Use a gentle eye makeup remover to remove mascara and eye liner as the area can be sensitive.